Lost and Found Pet Resources

Lost and Found Pet Resources

If your pet goes missing or if you have found a pet, please use the below resources to get some help.

Healthy Spot Pet Nutrition & Supply
(250) 545-9000 andrea@healthyspot.ca
Call or email the store with your information and they will post your missing pet on their Facebook page and get the word out to their network.

K-9 Control Vernon
(250) 545-8070 www.dogcontrol.ca
They pick up dogs that are roaming at large and also take in dogs people have found roaming at large. Call them to see if your pet has been turned in to them.

Vernon & District BC SPCA
(250) 549-7297 www.spca.bc.ca/vernon
The Vernon & District BC SPCA is located at 4800 Haney Road. It is advisable to go there often and check to see if they have your missing pet. You can call there and give them your pet’s information but they only hold stray animals for four days and they receive many calls, especially for lost and found cats. To be sure, you are advised to go there yourself and make sure your pet has not been turned in there.

Vernon & District Animal Care Society
They maintain a Lost & Found Cat Registry which is published and updated weekly. Call Margaret (250) 542-3980 if you have lost or found a cat.

Vernon Morning Star Newspaper
(250) 545-3322
They will run a lost pet ad for two days at no charge. Word ads only. Email classifieds@vernonmorningstar.com or Fax to (250) 558-3468

Daily Courier
(250) 762-4445
They will run a 12 word classified ad for three days at no charge. Email advertising@ok.bc.ca or Fax to (250) 762-3866

Sun FM Vernon
(250) 545-9222
They have an online listing called Critter Corner where you can enter your missing pet’s information and they will post it online for you. Click here to create a listing. You can also call in to the station and give the information that way (250) 545-9222. The will announce missing pets on the radio during their Pet Patrol segment.

Kiss FM Vernon
(250) 545-2141
They will air lost and found pet notices when they can so call (250) 545-2141 with the information on your lost pet.

Be sure to notify all of the Veterinary clinics that your pet is missing in case someone turns the dog in to a clinic. Send the clinic a poster if possible via fax or email or call them.

Creekside Veterinary Clinic
(250)-549-3533 or Fax: (250)-549-1351

Crescent Falls Veterinary Clinic
(250) 545-8200 or Fax: (250) 545-8299 crescentfallsvet@shaw.ca

Sunridge Veterinary Clinic
(250) 545-8011 or Fax: (250) 545-8079

Tri Lake Animal Hospital
(250) 766-3236 or Fax: (250) 766-3237 admin@trilake.ca

Armstrong Veterinary Clinic
(250) 546-9506

Mills Veterinary Services
(250) 546-8860 or Fax: (250) 546-8867 office@millsvet.com

Central Animal Hospital
(250) 549-0402 or Fax: (250) 549-3594

Vernon Veterinary Clinic

(250) 542-9707

Remember, if you are registered on Facebook and/or Twitter, send your information out that way too! Social media can reach many people in a very short time. You can upload the poster you created to Facebook however you will need to convert the pdf file to a jpeg. You can often do this by doing a “Save As” and saving it as a jpeg. Or, you can use an online file convertor such as www.Zamzar.com

You can post a free ad on Kijiji for your lost pet here.

You can post a free ad on Castanet for your lost pet here.


Keep Up With The Pack. Sign up for promotions, coupons and events!